Star – it’s right there in the name, because that’s what we do at Foxstar. Make stars. Whether you’re looking to enter the entertainment industry, or you’re looking for talent for TV or magazine shoots, at Foxstar we have the tools, the resources and the experience to make it happen.
As one of Johannesburg’s leading character agencies, our reputation is built on turning faces into models and campaigns into successes. So if you want to be a star, or book a star, there’s only one place to start. Foxstar.
WHO WE ARE
Here is a sneak preview into our hundreds of faces
The entertainment industry can be a tough place. That’s why in order to not only survive, but thrive, you need a team that doesn’t just recognise talent, but can guide, mentor and mould it into star quality. That’s where Foxstar comes in – a model and talent management agency that for years has shone as one of Johannesburg’s best and brightest.
Based in Randpark Ridge, our specialty lies in placing character models, commercial extras, upmarket faces and even hand models too, all on a daily basis. And because our talent is so popular with clients, we’re always looking for new, fresh faces for our books – all ages, all backgrounds and all walks of life.
Thanks to our dedicated team of experts, Foxstar has grown exponentially since opening its doors, both in members and in clients as well. Which is why it’s become the agency of choice for both models and industry professionals alike. Because at Foxstar, entertainment isn’t just something we do, it’s something we live – with passion, with enthusiasm, and with our own brand of sparkle.
OUR FOXSTAR TEAM
The Foxstar Wranglers
Managing a shoot can be like herding cats – unless you have a take-no-prisoners team like our Foxstar wranglers, of course.
Nita “Stay On Her Soft Side” van Niekerk
Ola “Gets It Done” Gafar
BOOK A FOXIE
Looking to book a character, model or extra for your shoot? Then you’re looking for one of our talented Foxies! We’ve streamlined the booking process to make it as easy as possible for you – just take a look below and get ready to take your pick of our professional crop.
- To begin the booking process, simply email us a detailed brief with your requirements – the more specific the better.
- As soon as your brief has been received, one of our three bookers will contact you to confirm your requirements.
- Our bookers will then find the most suitable candidate for your project according to your exact specifications, and in as quick a turnaround time as possible.
- The artist will either be sent to your casting for a face-to-face meeting, or will be presented to you via email.
- Should you choose to book the artist, you will be sent a full booking sheet with all of their relevant information, including their ID number, SARS tax reference number, contact number and sizes.
- Once the call details have been received, we will brief the artist accordingly.
- Should you require a booking of 10 or more artists, one of our wranglers will bring them to you on shoot day at the pre-arranged time, help you to sign them in, and hand them over to you.
- Additionally our wranglers are able to remain on set to help with any further requirements throughout the day, for an additional fee. Our bookers will schedule this request upon a formal booking being made, and will invoice for this charge separately.
How To Become A Foxie
If you’ve always wanted to work in showbiz, then Foxstar wants to work with you! We’re constantly on the lookout for new faces, extras, characters and models of every age and background – and you could be next. Take the first step towards a new and exciting career today, and become part of the Foxstar family!
- To begin the joining process, simply email two recent, clear photographs of yourself (one full length shot and one head shot) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that images sent via WhatsApp or text cannot be accepted.
- Once your photographs have been received, we will contact you with further details on how to become a Foxstar member. We urge you to read the welcoming guide and application that will be emailed to you, and to keep in mind that any applications emailed to Foxstar cannot be accepted, as we would love to meet our future stars personally.
- If, after sending your photographs to Foxstar, you don’t hear back from us within 48 hours, please contact us on 011 025 3993 or email email@example.com. Please note that we reserve the right to accept or decline any potential members at our discretion.
Watch our video for a sneak preview
Once you have received your application form, you will need to make an appointment for an interview with the Foxstar team, and bring your completed application to our offices along with the following documentation:
- Your SARS tax reference number – a copy proof to be attached on a SARS letterhead
- A copy of your ID, birth certificate or passport (with a valid work permit) for the interview
- Proof of residence
- Proof of banking details
Please note that any minors must be accompanied a parent or legal guardian. We also encourage you to read your personal application form and welcome guide carefully before your interview, as you will be asked various questions pertaining to these documents. Similarly, any questions you may have will be answered during the interview process.
Your Foxstar interview is your opportunity to make a good impression with our team, and to secure your place in our books. As such, please bear these important tips in mind:
- Make sure you arrive on the correct day and time as set out in your confirmation email. Please note that if you are late for your interview, we will be unable to see you.
- Please make sure that you bring all necessary documentation as detailed above. If not, we will regrettably have to turn you away.
- Foxstar interviews generally last for no longer than 20 minutes. As such, if you are being driven to your interview, ask your lift to wait for you. Alternatively if you choose to drive yourself, please park outside on the pavement for the duration.
- Remember to be confident and wear your best smile! This is your first meeting with the team, and you want to ensure that the impression you make is a positive one.
- As photographs will be taken of you during the interview, please ensure that you:
- Dress neatly and appropriately, making sure not to wear any white clothing
- Have clean, neat nails for hand photographs
- Have clean hair with appropriate styling. While we love natural styles such as Afros, braids, weaves, curls and more, we unfortunately cannot take on any models with wild, brightly coloured hair.
Should you pass the interview process and sign up with Foxstar, we will immediately begin considering you for any potential jobs. We will explain all necessary details during the interview process, and provide you with all the information you need to succeed at your castings or auditions.
Once you’ve become a Foxie, you’ll be sent on auditions and castings, along with artists from other agencies. If you want to give yourself the best chance of being cast for TV and magazine work, make sure that:
- Your look is neat and presentable at all times.
- You can speak and understand English.
- Your smile has no missing or gold teeth.
- You live in or around Johannesburg.
- You have your own, reliable transport, or sufficient knowledge of the public transport system.
- You have confidence in yourself, and a positive self-image.
- Your hours are flexible enough to allow you to attend shoots and auditions.
- You have a reliable map book or GPS.
- You are on time for all shoots, auditions and appointments.
- You are reliable and honest.
Additionally, as a Foxie, you will need to ensure that you are not signed to any other commercial agency before signing with us. You will also need to keep us regularly updated on your current hairstyle and look, so that we can match you as closely as possible with any booking briefs we receive. Please ensure that you email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us if you change your look, or alternatively every 4 to 6 months so that we can keep your portfolio current.
Artist Contact Info
To become a Foxie or for any casting queries, please contact us on:
011 025 3993 | 011 791 0010
SMS / WHATSAPP
079 843 5196
060 436 5062